Tuesday, 10 November 2009

Venice Day 2

This morning Sarah and I started off together but then she went to two museums the Academia and the Peggy Guggenheim. I wanted to walk around and just see the different side streets and things. First though we checked out of the devil hotel and took our bags to the train station to store for the day. At least I got the lugging the suitcase part over early. I spent most of the morning doing some window shopping and walking around. I then had lunch at a restaurant on the grande canal near the rialto bridge. Did some more shopping and walking around after lunch. Then I met up with Sarah and we went to another famous gelato place and it was on the water. It was chilly though so we ate inside. Then we realized that Sarah had more shopping to do but that I kinda wanted to get to Milan since that was where I was spending the night per mom's suggestion (which was a great idea). So Sarah and I left. I can't believe I won't see her until January in Barcelona! Then I took a water taxi to the train station! We both wanted to take a gondola ride but they are over 80 euros and we kinda ran out of time. By the time I was taking my water taxi the sun was already setting. Im so glad I got on the water taxi at least. The views from the water are amazing and it saved me a lot of time. I think it would be awesome to have a private boat in Venice and drive around like that.

Then I got a ticket to Milan that was a fast train and left in 10 minutes which was great. It was around a 2 hour train ride to Milan. Then I had to get on a shuttle to the airport and that took around an hour. Then I had to take a shuttle from the airport to my hotel. That was only like 10 minutes. The hotel was really nice and I had a good dinner there. I was somewhat apprehensive because I thought I would be the only one eating by myself. However when I got there everyone was eating by themselves haha so it was fine. Then I went to bed and had a good night sleep before getting on the shuttle to the airport and catching my flight back to Athens. They fed us again on the flight which was nice.

The trip overall was great. I love Italy and I am glad I got to see some of the places I have wanted to go to since I was little. Definitely glad I studied in Rome though because it is still my favorite city.

Venice Day 2

No comments:

Post a Comment