Nothing very exciting happened yesterday. I had my two classes and did work in between. Last night however my room and I decided to go up to Kolonaki which is the very expensive part of town with all the designer shops and where some kids in the program have apartments. We walked around and decided to look for dinner somewhere. Kolonaki is very nice and there were a lot of people out at the cafes. We walked around for a bit but Kolonaki is situated on a very steep hill so we didn't want to walk around it that much. It is also about a 20 minute walk from the academic center so I am glad I do not have to do that everyday. We looked at a couple places to eat but they were all too expensive so we went back down to our neighborhood. We then sat down at a reasturant next to our academic center that looks really nice but they didn't have anything but fish and two of my roommates don't eat fish. So after about 2 hours since we began we finally went to a taberna near our house that none of us had been to. We have realized that at Taberna's it is a lot easier to share food and get multiple things than it is to order one main course. So we got bakes feta, cheese croquetts (they tasted somewhat like chicken nuggets haha,) pumpkin balls which did not taste like pumpkin but were still really good, and then two of my roommates split some chicken and I split a cheese omelet with french fries in the actual omelet with my other roommate. It was very good but the Greek food is very heavy. But the total was only 34 euro so that was really reasonable.
Today I had democracy class in the morning, I now have a long break before Mediterranean politics so I have tried to take a nap, did some reading, and I might watch a movie. Then I am free for my three day weekend. We are trying to plan something so I am sure I will write about it later. The only downside of this weekend is that tomorrow I have an appointment to get an x-ray and tb test so that I can extend my visa. Supposedly this can take about 3 hours which might make travel plans hard.
Thursday, 10 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment