Day 3 in Sydney we had a surf lesson in the morning! It was pretty cloudy but not raining so that was nice. They had broken all of us butler kids into two groups. I think there was roughly like 75 of us total maybe but I never heard a number. Anyways so around 30 of us headed to surf in the morning. So first they taught us how to paddle and where we should lay on the board and so they took us into this area off of the ocean, I can’t remember what its called right now, which was completely flat so we could work on paddling without the waves. Paddling is ridiculously tiring even without waves. So after that we got out again and they showed us how to pop up on the board. We worked on that on land before heading out into the ocean. So getting out past the first area where the waves break is really hard because you have to paddle through that and push ureself up on your board so u don’t go under. The waves were pretty bad that day so it was hard for everyone to get out there. I kept getting hit by waves and taken under so it was kinda awful. It was fun but really hard and frustrating. I didn’t stand up or anything so I guess I should try it again but I don’t really want to. But it was cool to try here and now I know what its like.
After that we had meetings with our university to get all of our information. This meeting was really long and Dara our SSC threw a ton of information at us. It was somewhat frustrating because all the information depended on where you were living and there wasn’t much concrete information. However she gave us a lot of maps and books and stuff so we could go through it later. Later that night they had an aboriginal dance performance, which was really cool. I’ve never seen anything like it. They were all dressed in aboriginal clothes and paint and one of the guys played the didgeridoo, which was awesome.
Thursday, 18 February 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment