Tuesday, 23 February 2010
Laneway Tour
The next day I slept in and got more things organized like looking up classes. Then we had lunch at IH which was just sandwiches and it was only ham or salami, kinda disappointing. Then Maria and I took the 19 tram which stops right outside of IH and goes to Federation square, a central point in the city. We met up with Dara and some of the Butler kids because Dara was giving an optional tour of the laneways, these are little alleys that are scattered throughout the city. Most of them are very cute and have lots of little hidden shops and coffee places etc. Near the end Maria and I broke off to go to the Big W, which is similar to a department store and is in the city. I was looking for a small fan and a duvet cover, although they call them quilt covers here. We couldn’t find anything at the big W so then we went to Target. Unlike in the states though Target is pretty expensive. Their clothes were at least $50. However I was able to find a quilt cover in the children’s section that was on sale for $20 and I got some hangers and a small fan. We then got back on the tram because our ticket was good for 3 hours and went back to IH. We then had dinner at IH and it was leftovers so that was really disappointing and definitely not better the second night. Then Maria and I met up with Devon and some of the other Butler kids on Brunswick street and kinda bopped around before heading home for the night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment